Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Setsuna - Concept Sketches

im kinda playing around with some ideas for a character that well...i was suppose to rp with my friend but i dont do it really anymore. I just kinda did some sketches that led me away from my origonal idea ,which is to have her really mature and willowy looking , cold , ect. She just kinda got younger , so. This is my question to you guys

Do you think she looks more interesting younger or..kinda older like , 15ish . I still havent finalized her design , but i'd like some imput into whta kinda structure she should have :)





This was the first picture i did of her and my friend Nells char Kuda where she looked younger then intended, and i liked it :0



so i hope you guys can help me out with imput ! younger design or older design better ? or just general thoughts . <3

12 Comments:

Blogger Martin Wittig said...

I think that these are looking really good. You definitely have a good sense of design, and they are certainly appealing. Keep up the great work!

1:09 AM  
Blogger Brian Growe said...

Personally I think I'm leaning more towards the younger one, maybe just cause I'm a big fan of Miyazaki's young heroine's, but I like them both. Can you tell us a little about the character's story? Maybe that can make it easier for people to decide. BTW, congrats on making it on John Nevarez' lastest list of blogs!

8:42 AM  
Blogger Megan Ferguson said...

@ martin , that means so much coming from another character designer ! thank you so much ! my ultimate goal is to be a char designer. Woot , lots of work and long years, but i think i can do it :) !

@ brian , yeah , i dont know why but im kinda leaning towards the younger one too. I'll post more of her story up for yah :) and thanks for the congrats , i was thrilled too !

8:54 AM  
Blogger Osgood McSonogram said...

Love these man! Love 'em! Your stuff is just frothing with appeal--don't stop the signal!

1:57 PM  
Blogger Megan Ferguson said...

why thank you , i do try to get that 'frothy' quality in my pics lol.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Claude Richard said...

Sense of design and graceful lines !

10:27 AM  
Blogger kevin micallef said...

They are all good..I like the design in the middle the most. I think you also have to think about the story. Does it work as well with the younger hero? Does she need to be more experienced? Keep it up..look forward to seeing more.

7:03 AM  
Blogger Megan Ferguson said...

thank you kevin ! ive been keeping it in mind but i guess i've never really applied it to the character as much as i should. :) i'll try to do that more now !

7:05 PM  
Blogger kevin micallef said...

Hi..You asked if I worked at Lacewood. I did ..way back in 94. Please, please say Hi to Paul for me!! He's your teacher..That's awesome! Give him my best.

5:23 AM  
Blogger RÃ¥nny said...

megalicious! I love your human style so much. We need another update please! c;

Perhaps your lovely, Valentines day illo. <3

9:41 AM  
Blogger CORKY said...

That's some mighty fine practise colorin ya did's thar, lady-o! Yer doing a great job and I like the younger one but you've already heard what I hadsta say about everything so YAYandstuff.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

cool character drawings!

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home